What a beautiful mess I'm in

10:06 AM

Wow! Boone gains more than 2 ounces a day! He was 7 lbs, 10 ozs when he was born two Mondays ago. Last Monday Nathanael, Naomi and I were betting how much he would weigh now as a chubby one-week-old.
Nathanael, he says " 8 lbs 3 ozs!". Naomi, she shake her head and she says "8 lbs 1 oz!" Well, I reckoned it'd be purty convenient to squeeze right in between so's I says "8 lbs 2 oz!" The midwife drops by with her nifty weigher thingamabob. We lay Boone in the sling thingy while she reads the meter thingy. She gasps and says "This is an amazing baby! 8 lbs 9 oz.s!" All our jaws drop to the carpet and then once we've picked them up again, we cheer!

The midwife said that Naomi must have really nutritious milk. Plus Boone drinks, like, every fifteen minutes, so no wonder! He still hasn't slowed down with the diaper soiling thing either!

I disinfected Naomi's bathroom counters twice and mopped her floor, because Boone has the habit of spraying during my "dirty diaper duty" time. Once, I turned my back to him, to dispose of the nasty pouch, I suddenly my foot felt all warm and wet. I whirled around to see liquid spraying up and arching through the air and, of course landing on my bare foot. AAAAACK! He sure got me that time. Stop laughing at me. It's not funny.

You Might Also Like

3 comments