Meet me

11:15 AM

This is an assigned piece I wrote for speech club, an introduction about myself. It's supposed to be 250 words, but I could only shave it down to 324 words. Sheesh. Read on...


"In the beginning God had a plan to create a hazel-eyed girl. God had chosen her to be His child. It wasn’t because she would ever earn it, or choose to be His, but because of His invincible mercy and grace. That girl was named Alexa. Hello, my name is Alexa Gabrielle Sleadd, and today I’d like to share with you three things about this child of God. My Priorities, My Profile, and my Pastimes.

My Priorities. God, my heavenly Father, is my first priority. Every thing I do is to serve Him. In my future, I think it would be awesome to get married when I’m eighteen, like my sister did and after that, have 12 kids. Of course I’d homeschool them all to be warriors for Christ. Those are only hopes, because God’s in control, but they are high priorities for me.

My Profile. I am fourteen years old, and I’m practically 5’ 6”, and I live in a family of seven. I am an aunt to a pudgy baby, and I like lasagna and enchiladas. I’m a sinner saved by grace. There’s a lot more to me, but that’s all I’ll fess up to at the moment.

My Pastimes. These are the things I like to do. I love being on stage, yodeling in the shower, snowboarding, going to speech club, wake boarding, air soft fights, speech tournaments, drawing, camping, quadding the dunes, and, competing in speech!

Well, those are three things that you might like to know about me, My Priorities, a few of my goals and ambitions, My Profile, about the basics of me, and My Pastimes, hobbies and things I like to do. It all comes down to; I have been redeemed by the precious blood of Christ, and that’s the only good thing about me, even though it wasn’t me who did it. I desire that all I say and do would be to the glory of God. Soli Deo Gloria."

You Might Also Like

1 comments