George Whitefield: The Lessons of Leadership3:53 PM
1. Critics are the unpaid guardians of the soul..
2. Humility is the freedom from self that great leadership demands. 3. Suffering purifies the heart, hones the vision, and fashions the soul for battles to come.
4. A truly effective public life is only possible if grown from a truly nourishing private life.
5. Great leaders read in order to lead
6. Intercessory prayer is the long-range artillery of God. Leadership of eternal consequence is impossible without it.
7. Extreme are deformity of purpose and wise leaders check the one to preserve the other.
8. Applying the past to the present so as to shape the future is the leader's art.
9. To view life from the vantage point of death is to grasp the purpose for living.
10. Leadership is a trust of power on behalf of the poor and the needy.
11. Great leaders welcome hardship as the price of lasting change.
12. The leader who knows he is destined is the leader who can risk in pursuit of a dream
13. Leaders must conquer the demons of their souls before they can conquer the demons of their age.
14. Great leadership is impossible without great love
15. Leadership is about values that leaders must live before they proclaim.
16. To offer a people hope is to acquire a position of leadership in their lives.
17. Humor is the celebration of joy that gives life, and thus true leadership, its meaning
18. to draw out the best that is in a man despite his flaws is to lead him toward the man he is called to be.
19. To make a divided people one in the service of a noble cause is the hallmark of great leadership
20. Every man has a destiny, but his destiny is fulfilled by investing in the destinies of others.