What I've been up to

5:18 PM

I've been sewing!!!

This is my very own sewing machine that my mom gave me for Christmas two years ago. I use it all the time. It's a Husqvarna Viking, digital.

This is the froofy thing I have to wear under the colonial costume I'm making to make it more poofy. Phooey. It makes me look unnaturally skinny in the waist.

This is the bottom half, before I gathered it. I'm standing in the middle of it, just so you know, so it's that width that you see, but doubled. In that pic I'm thinking, "Just how fat do they think I am?!!"

This is with the skirt, gathered, and sewed to the bodice. It's extremely heavy. if you look closely, you can see I'm not done with it yet. The bottom needs to be hemmed, the front will soon have a gold cord criss-crossed up the front. Plus, there'll be gathered lace all the way from the shoulders to the hem. I haven't put the zipper on yet either.

You Might Also Like

0 comments