Secret Service: the Quiet Ones

7:51 AM

Either the coffee magically appears, the snack tray is a spontaneous manifestation, the fresh-cut bouquet is ex-nihilo, or someone's up to something.

It takes considerable sleuthing to notice you.

I get all swept up in the hellos and hubbub while you're banishing counter-crumbs. I'm hallooing this friend and that newcomer while you're replenishing the sucrose.

I'm looking to please, you're looking to serve.
When you drift over with that sweet smile I say hello but not much more because I'm not sure how to draw you out.

But when the even tides and we follow our headlights home, I connect the dots. You, you were the life of the party!

I want to shout it out! Unveil your identity, tell the world! But then I think you wouldn't like that. So I too shall go undercover. I will join your Secret Service, the Prestigious Order of Crumb Chasers. Can I be your minion, your side-kick, your Robin?

Together we can go gloriously unnoticed.

...let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

You Might Also Like

0 comments